Topic: The given key was not present in the dictionary

Hi Graham,

I have just installed the NBN record cleaner and I am learning how to use it with a small sample file (168 records of birds and mammals). I am working through the user manual to get myself familiar with all of the functionality.

Validation runs fine. However verification will not complete and I get an error report starting with the line "The given key was not present in the dictionary".

At this point the process halts and the only way to move past this screen is to close the record cleaner and lose my current progress.

Any suggestions?

I attach a screenshot showing how my screen freezes.

Post's attachments

nbnCleanerErrorReportAndCrash.jpg 614.01 kb, 2 downloads since 2012-10-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: The given key was not present in the dictionary

Hello

It sounds like there is a problem with the masterspecieslist used by the NBN Record Cleaner. Make sure you are using the latest version of the masterspecieslist by clicking on the software updates on the data loading page of the NBN Record Cleaner. A new version has just been released (V1.0.8.3) so hopefully by updating to this the issue will be resolved.

A updated user manual is also available from the NBN website (http://www.nbn.org.uk/Tools-Resources/R … eaner.aspx)

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Thanks Graham,

I have just checked again and the Cleaner reports that I am fully up to date and that I have downloaded all of the rules files as well. I get the same error message. I also noticed that the rules were missing when I got to the verification stage e.g. I couldn't apply the mammal rules despite the records being mainly mammals.

I'm running on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 at work. I will try the same process on my XP machine at home and see if that solves the problem.

When using the NBN Record Cleaner on Windows 7 it is important to install and run it as an administrator. Right click on the logo and "run as administrator". In this way the rules will be downloaded in a single place. This is not a problem when using it on Windows XP. It may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling it on the windows 7 machine (as an administrator). Guidance on how to do this is given in section 13.3 of the updated user guidelines (http://data.nbn.org.uk/recordcleaner/do … rguide.pdf)

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Thanks Graham,

It is now working. I unplugged from our corporate network (we are hosted in a Council building) and used a mobile phone tether. Then did a complete uninstall and reinstall. I think that our corporate firewall must have been blocking some of the client / server requests.

Regards