Re: Exporting csv files

Hi Everyone.

I just have a quick question which I can't seem to find the answer to.  I can see from the indicia warehouse how to import a csv file, but I can't seem to work out how to export my data into a csv file?

I'm sure that this is possible, but just can't see where to do it.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Mark

Hi Mark

The way to extract records from Indicia is to run a report. Reports, being an SQL query in effect, can be written to extract any of the information in the database to which you have permission. Once a report has been written the output can be viewed on the Warehouse, on your own website, or downloaded as a csv file.

At present, only warehouse administrators can add reports, but there are some general purpose reports available to all.

What you should do, knowing you have used the iForm module in Drupal, is to create a new web page on your site for reporting as follows:

Create Content > Indicia Pages
In Form Selection choose the Reporting category and select the Report Grid form. (more details...)
Click Load Settings.
In the Report Settings section, set the Report Name by selecting Survey Details from the list.
Click the Save button.

You then have a page where you can set some report parameters and then click Run Report.
- The fist choice is to select the survey for which you want a report.
- The second, called Vague Date Processing, will determine the way the date is output. With processing disabled a start date, end date and date type are output. With it enabled you will see a single date field which is what you will probably want.
- Third choice is download. This does not determine whether you can download the report output, which you always can, but it sets a flag on the occurrence to mark whether it is
    - not dowloaded,
    - had an initial download or
    - had a final download.

Once you have run the report with final download, those records are no longer included in future initial or final reports. To actually download a report, click the Download This Report link in the bottom right corner of the table.

So, as a word of advice, leave the download option set to No unless you have a plan in place for managing your data outside of Indicia. Also think about having restrictive permissions to this report.

Jim Bacon.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for those instructions.  I have implimented them in drupal and generated a download that shows all of the data that I need.

Have a good weekend.

Mark

Jim/John VB,

I am just in the process of using the reporting grid to download my indicia records via csv, so that we can put them in our database etc......(its been a long time coming as we have lots to download!). The resultant table for the report I am using (Survey Details) is too long to fit on the page, this is the same whether using the reporting grid (set up as you have suggested in this post) or the reports directly using the live warehouse url.  I know it is probably really obvious, but is there a way to include the whole table on the page or at least (and most importantly) the far right corner of the table, so that I can click on the download report link?

As I say probably really obvious and something I would need to do to my drupal installation rather than indicia, but I can't think what it maybe at the moment.  The page seems to be a set width, so I can't drag across two screens to find the link.

Thanks

Sam