Re: Bringing 'order' to the reports

While the taxon group is nice, the family and order of the taxon would be good to have as an option in a report.

I know we have the adapted H7 - but integrating that operation into the report wizard would make sense, adding it to the taxon attributes.

Thanks

MAtt

Cumbria Biodiversity Data Centre
Tullie House Museum

Hi Matt,

Not sure how straightforward that would be but I will add it to the wishlist for future investigation.

Cheers,
Lynn

Hi Lynn and Matt,
This doesn't sound like a particularly big task. The main issue is that it might be a little slow to report on because of the need to join up the hierarchy. Have you checked whether Mike W has developed attributes for this?
Best Wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Just wondered if there has been an update to this issue since 2009, as I would also find taxon family a very useful attribute to have in the Report Wizard?

Cheers,

Jenni

This has always been a difficult thing to do because many of the preferred lists dictionaries do not have family in their structure.  We are hoping to implement a new table (the Organism table)  shortly which will have a more uniform structure and which will make this much easier to do and much more reliable.

Mike Weideli