Re: about CK Editor

Dear all,
we are facing an unpleasant inconvenience, and  we didn't  yet find the way to get rid of this:
in the Edit sections of our Indicia -based site, apparently with no reason, the rich text editor is
no more visible/active. I thought that it would be a problem related to the CKEditor, so I checked
if the ckeditor module was enabled in the Drupal modules list and if its permissions were right,
and everything was o.k. We then installed a new version of CKEditor, but anithing changed.

The CKEditor module is an Open Source one, but not free. Our impresssion is that we are using
a demo that needs to be regularly "renewed". The question is partially faced at
http://www.daniweb.com/web-development/javascript-dhtml-ajax/threads/258340/free-ckeditor-ckfinder-alternative

At the same time, it seems that Indicia uses only CKEditor. Is that true? Did other people encounter the same problem? Do we have to keep on regularly update the version by downloading the last release or there are alternatives to that?

I beg you pardon if I didn't properly described the question, given my "biologically-oriented" background ...! :)

Andrea

Re: about CK Editor

Hi Andrea

Although it doesn't help solve your problem, I would like to mention that, although the CKEditor module for Drupal is packaged with Instant Indicia there are various alternatives. Using the wysiwyg module gives you a choice of about 10 different editors. Indicia is in no way dependent upon CKEditor, or indeed any rich text editor - it is just there to make using Drupal a more friendly experience.

There are several places in which configuration could prevent display of CKEditor. I am thinking of user permissions and input formats, for example.

Jim Bacon