Re: V6.9.3 UPGRADE RELEASED

Hi Steve

We ran the dictionary upgrade for V6.9.3 on Friday and got the error message:

Error occurred running script 00000003.sql. The error is described as:
DELETE statement conflicted with COLUMN REFERENCE constraint 'FK_TAXON_FACT_TAXON_VERSION'. The conflict occurred in database 'NBNData' table 'TAXON_FACT' column 'TAXON_VERSION_KEY'

I see from the forum that this problem has been encountered before. What do we have to do to sort it?.

Sydney Gauld
Orkney Biodiversity Records Centre

I had this problem on a standalone install and upgrade from 668 to 672 to 693 and tracked most of it down to not having Imported the Rec6v6_7_2.zip file which was with the 668 to 672 upgrade.  Doing the correct steps I was able to get it to not produce this error, but when I came to rebuild the Taxon Name Index after the 693 upgrade it failed to this. So not much help really. However, this was not a live database so I was not left not being able to do anything and I think there are problems that it still does not work properly even if you import the Rec6v6_7_2.zip at the later stage.

Sarah or Steve should be able to fill in more.

Brian

Brian Miller
(Conservation Officer (Buckinghamshire), BBOWT)

Hi

These problems appeared to have occurred as some user's dictionaries are out of sync - i.e. not everyone's copy of the dictionary appears to be the same.

If the user's copy of the dictionary is not in line with the one we based this latest upgrade on, this causes problems and error messages similar to the one you have posted.

We are currently working on a solution to this - where ourselves, Dorset Software and the resellers can run a program which can resolve this and bring everyone's dictionaries to a single point.

We are hoping that this tool will be ready to use by the end of the week. However, you may need to send us your database on CD so that we can 'fix' it.

Is this a live copy? Did you back up the database before proceeding with the update?

Best wishes,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Sarah

Yes we have a backup, and await the release of the tool.

Thanks

Sydney Gauld
Orkney Biodiversity Records Centre

The dictionary synchroniser tool is now working. We have only used it on a couple of databases so far, so a small amount of further work may be required.

Once we have used this on a few more databases, we will supply the dictionary synchroniser tool to Dorset Software and the other resellers.

When upgrading and updating the dictionary, please use the guidance provided on the uploads page of the forum, see 'Guidelines for upgrading V6.6.8 to V6.9.3 by Sarah Shaw, JNCC' at http://forums.nbn.org.uk/uploads.php for reference.

If you do experience problems with updating the dictionary similar to those above, please contact your reseller, post something on the forum or contact JNCC via the Recorder email address: Recorder@JNCC.gov.uk.

I'll will post more information on the synchroniser tool shortly and will let you know when this tool has been provided to the resellers.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
JNCC