Re: Testwarehouse version

Just wondering whether there are plans to upgrade the testwarehouse to PostgreSQL 9.1 to match the live warehouse? Its currently running 8.3 and I've just come across some differences in that 8.3 does not support the handy OVER keyword in SQL.

Any thoughts on whether we should update the minimum requirement of Indicia from 8.3 to 8.4?

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Re: Testwarehouse version

Hi

My recollection is that Biren upgraded PostgreSQL on the live server when trying to resolve problems with connections from GeoServer being left hanging until eventually no more connections were available.

I wouldn't say we had a plan to upgrade the test server given that it is working and we have more to do than we can handle as it is. On the other hand, it is a funny test server that doesn't match the system for which it is a test. Then again, if we say Indicia will run on 8.3, it is a good thing if somewhere in the development path it is tried against that version.

As for changing that minimum requirement, I wonder how many warehouses there are out there running on 8.3.

Jim Bacon