Re: WMS & dataset acknowledgements

I might have missed something, but is there any guidance in the documentation as to how we should acknowledge the NBN and dataset providers when overlaying a WMS layer from the NBN on our own dynamic maps?

My first guess is that I should make a GetCapabilities call and ensure that the abstract returned is available as a link from the footer, but some guidance as to exactly what this should look like would be handy. The implemetation rules state that I must display every dataset provider that has provided data for my map, plus every provider's name must be a link to the appropriate provider information page on the Gateway. Converting the abstract into a list of links doesn't look like an easy task at all.

Any guidance appreciated.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Re: WMS & dataset acknowledgements

Hello John

Given the limitations of associated information returned by WMS, compared with SOAP web services we suggest including the NBN logo, link to the NBN Gateway terms and conditions, and the contents of the GetCapablilites abstract tag listing the data providers (without the associated links to the data providers pages or list of datasets on the NBN Gateway as recommended in the Rules for the use of Gateway web services document)

Best wishes

Graham