Re: Updating coordinates function - Possible bug notification

Possible bug notification - Updating coordinates function in Marine Recorder version 4.4

I have just upgraded to version 4.4 (from version 4.17) by overwriting the Marinev4.mdb using the download hosted by exeGesIS on behalf of JNCC.

At the moment this is being run on Microsoft Windows XP version 2002, Service Pack 2. On an Intel pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz 1.99 GB of RAM. Though we are likely to migrate to Windows 7 operating system in the not too distant future.

I decided having upgraded that it would be good practice to run the Update coordinate function, but that generates a runtime error worded:

"Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error. The application can't continue and will be shut down."

Anyone else noted similar issues?

Hi James,

I can confirm that was a bug (introduced in v 4.40).  There is now a fix on the website - v4.41 simply download as usual.

Please note that this fix only relates to the issue mentioned above - no other changes (so if you aren't running the update coords you don't need it ..)

Best wishes
James

Thanks for that.