Re: Error when trying to create sectioned transects indicia form

John,

As per our conversation at the end of last year (and in my email to you in a minute), I am now starting to look at the above form for our Green land survey.

I tried to create the form by going to 'sectioned transect' as the category and 'transect editor' as the form, I believe it is this one: sectioned_transects_edit_transect.php

The error is:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function iform_load_helpers() in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage99/nb/is/_o/nbis.org.uk/public_html/sites/all/modules/iform/client_helpers/prebuilt_forms/sectioned_transects_edit_transect.php on line 64

Any thoughts?

Once i have started to create this form, I will no doubt need some help with configuring the above form for the survey, I will attach the agreed Green Lane field survey form to the email too.

On an aside, do you know of any drupal modules that would help with our page loading speads, particularly the indicia iforms?  I know we have had this conversation before, but I do still think that the website is too slow (I am using firebug, Yslow and page speed to assess).  I appreciate that I have a facebook walls module bringing this to the homepage and that I have another module bringing random flickr images to each page (I am seriously considering removing this from all pages bar the homepage).  However if there are any bits of advice you can give me to improve the page loading speeds of pages, especially the iforms, I would really appreciate that.  Yslow suggests lots of things, but I don't understand most.  As you know I am very much a beginner with all this, so will not be able to undertake anything too much with php code for example - if you think it is just drupal being slow in general and the 2 modules mentioned above taking up lots of loading time, and maybe the need to disable some other modules then that is fine.

Thanks v much

Sam

Oh, adding to the first message.  I tried to use the Boost module to improve loading speed as it caches pages as html and gzips some elements.  This actually made every a huge amount slower, so I disabled.

Hi Sam
First, email me a link to a couple of slow pages to see if I can spot anything obvious.

Second, regarding the error, the iform_load_helpers method is a fairly recent addition. Did you update the sectioned transects form php file yourself without updating the whole module? It looks to me like the version of the sectioned transects form you are running is newer than the iform.module file.

Best wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Slow page e.gs:

slow standard pages:
homepage: http://www.nbis.org.uk/
News page: http://www.nbis.org.uk/news
not so bad page example:
http://www.nbis.org.uk/about-us
Examples of iform pages:
http://www.nbis.org.uk/AllSpeciesForm?newSample=
which is accessed through the links on this intro page (so that we can avoid the grid): http://www.nbis.org.uk/AllSpeciesSurvey

Ah I see. I thought I updated the client helpers and iform module and the same time (with most recent versions) - I will check.  I assume therefore the iform.module file needs updating with the newest version.  Maybe it was the order I updated the client helpers and iform module.....I can't actually remember or even if I needed to update both, as both are in the iform update anyway are they not? Can't really remember, will check what I did and what is updated.

Cheers

Sam

Replaced Iform module with most up-to-date module (which as the same version as it was earlier) - complete overwrite other than helper_config. Cleared all caches.  Still same problem.
thanks
Sam

Hi Sam
The home page has a bunch of images near the bottom in a block which start with some poppies - they are large image files not optimised thumbnails, which adds quite a bit to page load time. With images turned off it takes about 2s to load which I think is OK. You could also optimise JavaScript on the Drupal performance settings. Similar on the news page - the images are not optimised for some of the news stories, e.g. the clump of moss.
The Indicia pages are likely to benefit from optimising the JavaScript as there are quite a few files loading here.

The error you are seeing is probably related to the fact this is quite an early version of the form and I note that the code in the repository has changed already in this area, though I am not sure if it has dependencies on anything else so I would not recommend updating until the warehouse itself is updated to the next release. In the meanwhile you could try opening the sectioned_transects_edit_transect.php file in a text editor and inserting the following near the top alongside the other similar statements.

require_once '../../iform.module';

Let me know if that works, if not I can take a look via FTP if you can let me know the example page to check.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Thanks John,

Thanks for looking at speed issues - yes the photo situation needs sorting, I had forgotten the process I used.....that should have been obvious to me (doh). 
The javascript one makes sense, but I thought I had to disable this before as it was causing some errors with the iform......will try again later and see what happens.

Re:sectioned transect php:
I inserted the code into the php in dreamweaver at line 25 and when attempting to create an iform in drupal it errored with this:
I insertedFatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../iform.module' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage99/nb/is/_o/nbis.org.uk/public_html/sites/all/modules/iform/client_helpers/prebuilt_forms/sectioned_transects_edit_transect.php on line 25

I have replaced with the original php again.
Maybe you could look via ftp, if you don't mind - do you still have my details, otherwise I can email?
When is the warehouse going to be updated? Just wondered so that I can guesstimate when this survey maybe up and running.