Re: Date error using MR with Windows 7

I am currently running Marine Recorder on a PC with Windows 7 Professional and a 64-bit operating system, using the runtime version of Access. Due to compatability issues I am running MR version 4.16 as advised. Although I am able to edit existing records, add text, species, biotopes etc. I cannot make any changes that require filling in a 'date' field. When trying to add a new event the following error is generated "23 Sep 1981 is not a valid date - please try again." "Your date must be within the range of the survey (22/09/1981 - 29/09/1981" The date field then displays 'unknown' but will not allow the record to be saved as the invalid date message comes up again. I have tried all the recognised date formats and none are accepted. This is preventing me from entering any new events to surveys, which is critical to my work. I also had problems trying to correct the dates in the survey tab, 'start date'. Again, no format was accepted. Any advice? I have been using Marine Recorder since its first release, so no novice - but completely stuck with this one.

I have checked that the PC is setup for UK date format.

Kate

Kate, have you imported this data from a spreadsheet?

CyprianPayne
CCW

No, I did not import the data from a spreadsheet. It was merged from CCW's Marine Recorder and supplied as an NBNdata file.

Kate

If I remember correctly you managed to "fix" this by running a windows xp virtual machine in windows 7 4bit. Is that correct?

CyprianPayne
CCW