Re: SpeciesDensityData maps

I would like to display maps on our website of species density (for multiple species) and record counts (for single species) and thought that SpeciesDensityData would be ideal for this. However this web-service doesn't provide maps, just lots of data-per-square. Is there a way to turn these data into the maps I'd like please?

Why doesn't this web-service provide a map? That would seem to be a useful output. Have I missed something?

Regards, Keith

Keith,

This webservice has no mapping functionality. Would any of our WMS provide what you need? These are documented at: http://data.nbn.org.uk/Documentation/Web_Services/Web_Map_Services/

Paul Gilbertson,
NBN Gateway Developer

Thanks Paul.

Possibly. I'll have to work out how to lay the returned image over an OS map and under a VC boundary on my web page. Something else for Google to help me with... (If you have a wish list could you please add mapping to SpeciesDensityData?)

How would I get the legend associated with the following request please? I've tried various incantations without success.

http://gis.nbn.org.uk/arcgis/rest/services/grids/DatasetSpeciesDensityMap/GA000458/WMSServer?REQUEST=GetMap&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&BBOX=460000,200000,560000,300000&WIDTH=800&HEIGHT=800&CRS=EPSG:27700&FORMAT=image/png&LAYERS=2

I'd like to be able to map record counts for both a single species and a whole datasets to show where things have mostly been recorded. Is there a web-service/WMS that can do this please?

Regards, Keith

Hi Keith,

Just stepping out of my normal area of this forum to mention that the Indicia toolkit comes with a map control that it built on OpenLayers. The toolkit also includes pre-built forms that will demonstrate putting the map control on a web page. You can select from various base layer maps and aerial photos and overlay WMS of your choosing.

Unfortunately, in the last week or two, the OS base layer we were using from Multimap, now Bing, has been turned off. We need to investigate what the OS are now making available themselves.

Jim Bacon.