1 (edited by LizMorris 09-01-2012 18:13:58)

Re: Error

Has anyone else had the problem that their 'pick' and autofill species names stopped working? No error message, just not doing anything.

I thought an update to v4.17 might work, but that has made it worse as now I can't open MR. It is now giving the following message:
"The expression on Open you entered as an event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events.
* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user defined function, or [Event Procedure].
* there may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro."

This seems alarmingly similar to Paula's last problem, but I dont really want to uninstall Access 2003 unless I have to.

Hope someone can help,
Thanks,
Liz

Update- I've just reloaded v4.16 and it's now giving me the same On Click error as Paula. Is there any way to overcome this without a complete reinstall and uninstall of Access 2003?

Re: Error

Following Chris Wood & Paula's advise, removing Microsoft Excel 2003 runtime, uninstalling Marine Recorder and then re-installing Marine Recorder seemed to work. I guess an update must have caused it to stop working.

A note of caution though, uninstalling Microsoft Excel 2010 runtime (rather than 2003) stops one being able to open MR at all.

Thanks very much, happy recording :)

Liz