Re: Problem importing items to term list from csv [warehouse]

I can import items to species lists from csv fine, but I have a problem when trying to import terms into a term list. There seems to be a difference between species lists and term lists in the way the Language field is handled. So, if you import a list of species from csv you are prompted to select the language (for the whole import) from a select list. This does not happen with a term list and you are required to map a field in your import file to the language field. So, I've made sure I have a field for language with a value "Latin" in each row (I've also tried other imports with the value "English"). But the importer generates an error for each row - like this:

An error occurred
Undefined index:  fkSearchFilterField,2

and no imports take place.

(Incidentally, despite the errors, the importer reports "The upload was successful").

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Has anyone had chance to look at this?
Cheers
Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Hi Alan
Sorry, that one slipped through my net. The term import needs to be updated to allow you to specify the language for the whole import file (in keeping with the taxon import) I agree, but I am not getting any errors if I import a file with a language column as you suggest. Can you set your logging level to 4 please (in the application/config/config.php file, there is a $config['log_threshold'] setting), then clear the contents of todays log (in application/logs) before trying again. Once you have reproduced the problem please send me the log file and I'll take a look.
Cheers

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

I've committed an update so you can specify the language at the start of import when importing terms. See http://code.google.com/p/indicia/source … s_term.php.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John

Thanks for getting back on this. I have just emailed you contents of log file as requested.

I've applied the update and the import works fine now.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth