Re: Generate Rucksack Add-In

Thanks Mike and Sally for this extremely useful feature. It works very well - I have used it in my LRC work and at home. The only nit-picking problem I have with it is that while the process is running I don't get any indication of what's happening. At the message "Please wait while rucksack is generated" and "Do not click OK until process completed" I get the screen pointer, not the egg-timer. When the process is completed (and the time taken seems to vary with the size of the csv file being processed) the Generate Rucksack window disappears without any intervention and without any opportunity to click OK. It's only when you go into the rucksack list do you discover whether the rucksack has been generated. This happens on Windows 7 and XP Recorder setups.

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU

I haven't yet worked out a  way of changing the cursor, but am still trying. On my version providing I can avoid clicking on OK when the red message appears it will show a completion message indicating where the files are or if there have been any problems. If OK is clicked when this  red message appears or at any time while the process is underway the click will be remembered and no final message displayed. Could you carefully check this and let me know if your version works differently.

Mike Weideli

Since writing the above I have duplicated this problem. It would seem to be OK in early versions of Recorder, but not in the latest version. I am looking for a solution.

Mike Weideli

Thanks for your efforts Mike...

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU

I've used this a couple of times now and haven't come across any problems (apart from that mentioned above and mispelled names :/).

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

A revised version of this available at

http://forums.nbn.org.uk/uploads.php?file=ProjectRuck3.zip

The changes should mean that the process displays an hour glass (or equivalent) while generating the rucksack and that when processing is complete a message si displayed which then allows the paths of generated files to be viewed before closing the window.

If you have it installed already then to install the new version you will need to remove the current version it via Tools/Install/AddinModule, then close Recorder and reinstall.

Full instructions are in the documentation in the zip file.

Mike Weideli