Re: Recorder lockup on searches

This is an intermittent problem, which doesn't happen ever time, but is VERY annoying when it does.

When searching for a site using the 'Find Location' popup - if you have a site name in the top panel and a corresponding list of sites in the lower panel - if you delete the entry in the upper panel using backspace, Recorder just locks up - on viewing the task manager Recorder is using 50% of processor time (on a dual core machine, i.e. 100% of one of the processors), but never manages to clear itself - the only solution I have found is to kill the application in task manager.

As I mentioned, this is intermittent and I can see no pattern, today I was matching sites in an import when it failed, but I must have done the same thing several dozen times before in the import without any problem.

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Just to be clear - this occurs in the Import Wizard, not when searching for sites in the Location hierarchy?

Note for Lynn  - there is a different version of the Find dialog in the Import Wizard but I think it has a bug since I have noticed this effect when searching for taxa in the Import Wizard.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Thanks for this - I will log it on the database for further testing.
Cheers,
Lynn