Re: NBN exchange export add-in

It appears that this addin will only export a single survey at one go. Is there any way we could export a number of surveys in a single batch?

We would prefer to manage most or all of our datat on the gateway as a single dataset.

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre

Hello Rob

The addin does support exports of multiple surveys in one go. To export multiple surveys create an export filter in Recorder 6 (in the menu go to Tools-export management-manage export filter). Then use "export using filter".

There is an issue around the time taken to export very large datasets by this route (eg millions of records) but otherwise should be OK.

Best wishes
Graham French
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Hi Graham
I tried using the NBN exchange export by setting up an export filter which contained various surveys containing around 300,000 records.  It took several hours and at one point gave a message that there were some invalid entries to which I okayed, thinking it would produce a log I could look through later to hopefully see what had not got through.  It then carried on to the message that it had finished and saved the two files in a zip file.  The zip file only contained the xml file.

Is there any way to troubleshoot this, or should I try again and hope it works next time?  The export worked successfully prior to this on a small survey set.

Thanks
Purgle
Head of WSBRC

Purgle Linham
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre

Revalidating the surveys to be exported before exporting them will enable you to track down the invalid entries. This was a new facility in v6.13 - for details see the links in the section on revalidating data under the heading 'Significant changes in Recorder 6 version 6.13' on the opening page of the Help in Recorder 6.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687

Hi Rob & Purgle.

I’ve recently experienced similar problems, and following advice from various parties, have just been successful.
The key points for us were that only the latest addin works (6.13.2.24) and after removing the previous version via Recorder, you need to delete it from the Addins folder to ensure a
successful load.

Good luck,

Dave
KMBRC