Re: Hidden old copy of Recorder 2002

I have a laptop which did have a copy of Recorder 2002 installed that was supposed to have been uninstalled and fully removed (no one remembers doing it though!!).  However on installing Recorder 6 we are getting messages on entering Recorder 6 saying that there is a copy of Recorder 2002 still on the machine.  I'm assuming that something was left behind on the un-installation that shouldn't have been - can anyone suggest what I should be looking for? Is there something lurking in the registry?

Thanks for any suggestions

Sara Hawkswell

The Wildlife Information Centre
[i]for Lothians and the Scottish Borders[/i]

Uninstalls of Recorder 2002 weren't as clean as they could have been so after uninstalling I usually deleted the Recorder 2002 folder and the registry entries which are in the JNCC folders in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software. If the Recorder 2002 folder contains anything you may want to keep, back it up first. Delete the JNCC folders using Regedit which can be started using Start – Run – Regedit. The usual warnings apply - using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require reinstallation of your operating system to correct. Take care, and if in doubt, back up the registry before you start. The Recorder 6 registry entries are in folders called 'Dorset Software' so they are quite separate from the Recorder 2002 entries.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687

Thanks Sally
This solved the problem - there were some old "JNCC" bits left in the registry.

Cheers
Sara

Sara Hawkswell

The Wildlife Information Centre
[i]for Lothians and the Scottish Borders[/i]