Re: Report Wizard Problems

Hello,

We've a problem here that we can't seem to solve - any advice would be welcome!

We have a couple of locations, with records attached that are checked, that are not showing on the report wizard.

We've double checked that the record is not confidential, no random filters are on the report wizard etc.

Has anyone got any ideas why this may be happening?  So far, we've only noticed it on a couple of locations, although there is a fear of how many more could be affected.

Thanks

Kirsty

I've noticed this as well since the upgrade to 6.13.3.182. If the taxon tree is open and I right click a species to run a report listing the records for it, it fails to find any records for any species. So maybe this reporting bug is more widespread??

The Report Wizard is designed to list occurrences, and the location may be an attribute of an occurrence but the wizard does not actually list locations. Are you sure you mean locations, or do you mean occurrences at a given location? Assuming you mean occurrences, have you also checked the record is not flagged as invalid by its preferred determination?

Thanks,

Simon Wood
[url=http://www.dorsetsoftware.com/]Dorset Software Services[/url]

As a first step I suggest that you try rebuilding the three Index tables. Most reporting uses  the Index_Taxon_Name table and this isn't  up to date then there will be problems,

Mike Weideli

David/Kirsty
Have you made any progress with this? If this genuinely is something introduced in 6.13 I would like to get to the bottom of it.
Many thanks
Steve

Mike got it and rebuilding the indexes solved it. Should have thought of that.