Re: Problem exporting to NBN Data Exchange format

We have the latest version of Recorder and the latest version of the NBN Data Exchange plug-in, however, if I try to export records in NBN Data Exchange formation - the program initially runs without error, reporting 'checking validation, etc.' but once the validation is complete ... nothing - no further messages, no text file created the pop-up remains on the screen and its close button is active (and works). Anyone have any ideas - I need to get the data out on to the NBN Gateway for the NE MoA!

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Re: Problem exporting to NBN Data Exchange format

It looks like you are the second person I know of with this problem (see http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=800#p3573). I have spoken to Stuart Ball about this who recommended to make sure that on updating Recorder to the latest version, the database is also updated to the latest version. If this fails then I am happy to accept small datasets in the zipped access database format as I can import them into my version of Recorder 6, exporting them with the addin in the NBN Exchange Format. However this is the "last resort step" as I don't want to spend too much of my time importing records into Recorder 6!

Graham
Graham.French@jncc.gov.uk