Topic: Unclosed quotation mark after the character string ''.

I'm getting this error almost constantly now when adding individuals and organisations (simple ones, just a first name and last name). I've had a look at the query being put the server:

SELECT Organisation FROM Name WHERE Name_Key='

and have potentially narrowed it down to this line in the source in the procedure TfrmIndOrg.DisplayNames(const iNameList: TKeyList);:

SQL_IS_ORG = 'SELECT Organisation FROM Name WHERE Name_Key = ''%s''';

but this is where my expertise runs out. It doesn't seem to cause any problems. Hitting Continue and it's fine, but it's getting annoying :-)

Post's attachments

error.txt 36.49 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Unclosed quotation mark after the character string ''.

Hi Charlie, in all likelihood completely un-related but just on the off-chance...

I recently started running into this exact error on a series of bulk imports (Unclosed quotation mark after the character string ''.) unlike you i couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was coming from. Ultimately, i noticed that the csv was saved as "CSV UTF-8". I changed to standard "CSV" and i no longer received the error, the records went in fine with no apparent change to the data.

I assume there was something in there that i just couldn't see which got stripped out in the save.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Re: Unclosed quotation mark after the character string ''.

Thanks Ben - I had a good look through all the data and couldn't see anything that might make Recorder fall over. I think you might be on the right lines though.

I've just had the same error on my laptop (but same backend) - interestingly this time its given me a random string of text instead of a blank. Adds weight I think to the "somethings not quite right" thinking ie somethings causing the generated SQL to be cut short.

Post's attachments

Screenshot 2024-02-23 100826.jpg 18.24 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership