Topic: Data import error

We use Recorder 6 for wildlife data. The data is supplied in the form of Excel spreadsheets and imported into the system.

Just today, I’ve been unable to upload data because I’ve been getting a recurrent error message at the verification stage - stating "range check error". (see attached for details)

I’ve googled it and found a message on this forum which states "Either make sure the drive for the object sheet folder and the R6 application folder are the same  or  move  the object sheet to a new folder and change the registry  to this."

But although I’ve moved the data file to all sorts of places – my desktop, my H: drive, the folder that Recorder is stored in – it doesn’t seem to make any difference. (It's also a bit odd, because I've been able to upload data from any folder in the past.)

Curiously enough, I had the same problem with two other datasets which seemed to be resolved after I replaced all the colons in the dataset with hyphens,  - more or less as a complete guess. It seemed to work, though. But it didn’t work for the final dataset.

Could anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks very much, Jo

Post's attachments

Recorder error.txt 26.22 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by charliebarnes 10-10-2023 10:00:00)

Re: Data import error

You might be on the right track replacing colons - see https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=7807

It can indicate a stray comma (for example) after a list of items (in the same cell) to be imported.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Data import error

Thanks Charlie, that seems to have worked!

all the best, Jo