Topic: NBN Exchange AddIn won't install

Topic: NBN Exchange AddIn won't install

I am trying to install the NBN Exchange AddIn to our copy of R6 (version 6.30.0.291 Dictionary 53) which is installed on our corporate server. I have downloaded the AddIn Version 6.23 which is the version applicable to our copy of Recorder6. I go through the installation procedure to  the point where I select the file called  NBNExchangeAddinNu.dll from the downloaded and extracted zip file and I get the message “Could not install……Failed to get data for “Standalone”. Our R6 is a network copy so what does this message mean and why won’t the AddIn install?? Any suggestions urgently required - thanks

Bob Marsh Doncaster LRC

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU

Re: NBN Exchange AddIn won't install

Hi

Have a look on Recorder6.info which I have just updated. From the  Addins page,  dowload the new version of the NBN Exchange Addin which is shown as being for V 6.29 and above. This should download the zip file LCAtlasNBNExport.zip which when unzipped will give you a .ocx file of the same name.  Try installing this. If there are any problems then let me know. This is the only version which I can now change the code for, so if there are issues with it I will be able to investigate them.

This shows up in the Exporter as R6 Version 6.29. It is designed to export the data in a later version oif the NBN Excahnge format so there are some differenent parameters.

I can't find the error that you desribe in the addin install code. If the new version doesn't install please do a screenshot of any mesasges so that i can find where this is happening.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike - give me a few days when I can catch our IT man - I'll give the installation a go and get back to you as soon as possible.....

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

We have downloaded the NBN Exchange Add-in and are also having issues trying to install. When I go into Tools/add in module and click install I get an error code, see attached. Any help much appreciated

Hi Mike

The Addin still won't install. I've attached a screenshot of the message I get after I've been through the standard AddIn install procedure. Any thoughts??

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

File may not have attached.....forgot to add (??)

Post's attachments

OCX error message.docx 18.97 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

lmansfield wrote:

We have downloaded the NBN Exchange Add-in and are also having issues trying to install. When I go into Tools/add in module and click install I get an error code, see attached. Any help much appreciated

Following on from this, we have managed to install the V6.29 for one user, but this isn't then available for other users -
-Mike: should this be the case that the add-in has to be installed separately for each, or has it gone wrong somewhere in the install?

Does the Recorder version need to be uninstalled & reinstalled to activate?

On running the export we have then had an error:
"Request support -process is failing when executing INSERT INTO ##nbn_exchange-export (nbn_key, table_name) VALUES ('LC00~9ZK', 'Taxon_occurrence')

thanks
Rachel
West Yorks LERC

Tried again to install in our copy of R6 with the latest file LCAtlasNBNExport.ocx and still getting the error message - see attached. Help now urgently required on this....

Post's attachments

AddIn error message screenshot 230908.docx 18.93 kb, 1 downloads since 2023-09-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

Hi

You certainly need to unistall before trying to install the latest version. The addin should be available to all user once it is installed. As far as the error in at West Yorks is  concerned, I am working on this for other users.It seems to be that SQL Server is unable to handle the very large temporary tables which this is generating. The addin was designed to export whole surveys to the NBN Atlas, but the way it is being used is to export hundreds of thousands of individual records. Please note that the two latest versions of the addin will have the same issue.

Rachel, please email me at mike@lfield.co.uk and I will keep you in the loop.

Mike Weideli