Topic: R6 installation incomplete

We have just installed R6.30 to a new laptop and all is well except that dbo.LCFormatToccData and dbo.LCFormatToccData only are missing. These were developed for BLS back in 2008 and are fundamental to the way we use the system so they were included in the standard software a long time ago, and we do not normally have to install them separately. We have installed R6.30 to two other new laptops recently with no problems.
As the functions are missing we tried to add them using the SQL provided by Mike Widieli when they were first developed, but that failed as well. So, what is different about this one installation and what do we do about it?

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Re: R6 installation incomplete

Hi

I don't think they were ever added to standard R6. I have checked back to V 624 and they are not there. I can't think why the original SQL didn't work. If you can send it to me mike@lfield.co.uk I will take a look. If not we can get it from a machine where its is installed.

Mike Weideli

Perhaps our other recent installations all included restoring from a backup on a previous machine, but this one had to be a clean install from scratch. Anyway, I have sent you the SQL. It was written in 2008 so it may be a little out of date by now!
Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

The function you sent was probably a revsion as it is ALTER rather CREATE. Also it will need permisions. I have cahnged it as I think is rerquired and sent it back to you. Let me know if there are any problems. The code still looks fine.

Mike Weideli

Mike, thanks for your help with this. We now have both the missing functions installed and working.
Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society