Topic: Batch update to correct species

Hi,

We've a survey with a couple of thousand American goldfinch records which need to be changed to European goldfinch.

I think the attached xml is correct to do the update. I'd appreciate it if one of the experts would have a quick look to check please.

Thanks

Anne

Data officer, ERIC NE

Post's attachments

UpdateAmericanGoldfinch.xml 419 b, 6 downloads since 2022-10-11 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Anne Donnelly
ERIC North East Officer
Email: anne.donnelly@twmuseums.org.uk
www.ericnortheast.org.uk

Re: Batch update to correct species

Looks fine to me. It doesn't keep any history or allow a way back but if you happy with this it will do the job.

Mike Weideli

Hi Anne

The batch update you have attached will do what you need it to do (change all American goldfinch records to become European goldfinch). Just bear in mind that there are no checks or fail safes - it will target all taxon occurrences in all surveys (not just the one selected). And it will change preferred and non-preferred determinations, so any observations originally recorded as American goldfinch but already re-determined as European goldfinch will be edited so that the original non-preferred observation will become European goldfinch - making the re-determination to the same species look odd. Plus the batch update doesn't update the last changed date/user of the determinations so there will be no track of the change and no determination comments of what has happened - but perhaps you are happy with that?

Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

Thanks Mike & Andy for the confirmation and explanations.

Anne

Anne Donnelly
ERIC North East Officer
Email: anne.donnelly@twmuseums.org.uk
www.ericnortheast.org.uk