Re: Unhandled Error: ESpatialRefSystemConversionError

We're having some problems here trying to create a new sub-site within a parish. 

When trying to save the location the following error keeps appearing:

Exception occurred in application Recorder 6 at 07/10/2008 09:04:59.
Version : 6.10.4.120

Exception path:
ESpatialRefSystemConversionError : The spatial reference system cannot be recognised.

The grid reference that we're trying has the right number of digits and there are very similar ones already within the parish.  I've tried entering the 8 figure ref as 4 fig, but the same error happens.

Has anyone got any ideas? - I've checked that the grid square is listed within the parent site in the geo info list.

Many thanks

Kirsty

Re: Unhandled Error: ESpatialRefSystemConversionError

This looks like a problem that I have had (http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=562). It appears that Recorder removes values for the spatial reference system for the parent gridsquares leaving it blank and therefore not recognised. Is known and due to be fixed, hopefully in the next update.

Temporary solutions would be to remove all grid squares from the parent site, create the subsite and then add them back in again or to create the subsite at the top level so it has no parents and then drag it into position as a subsite.  Either of these would mean that you will not be able to do any further editing of the subsite once it is in position as you will get the same error again when you try to save any changes.

Hope this helps

Gordon

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust