Topic: Report on Events with multiple samples

Hello, is it possible to report on events that have multiple samples? We have an historic problem with multiple samples under the same event and it would be handy to have a report that could give me the information rather than going through the database a survey at a time and relying on my tired old eyes.
Any hints/ tips appreciated.
Mhairi

Re: Report on Events with multiple samples

Hi Mhairi

I don't know if there is an existing system report but I've created a simple report that you can use (just copy it into your ..\User Files\Reports folder and restart Recorder6 and it will appear under GiGL -> Statistics). It will list all surveys and survey events that have more than 1 sample per survey event.

Andy

Post's attachments

GiGL_SampleCountPerSurveyEvent.xml 1.56 kb, 4 downloads since 2021-11-25 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

Thank you very much, I shall jump right on to that :)

Hi

It is worth pointing out that the concept behind Events is that they can have mutiple samples. An event can involve several individuals and can take place over a wide area. Sample are then collected by the those taking part in the event and may just involve a few of those taking part in the event and may cover a sub set of the location within the event area.

The import wizard will create the mininmum number of events required and will consolidate samples which have the same recorders, date,  grid ref  locations etc. into one event or even into events which already exist if there is one that fit, so multiple samples will continue to be created by the system.

Mike Weideli

Thank you Mike, we have a few problems with some multiple samples not all. I just wanted a way of tracking multiple samples down to make it easier to assess each individual problem. Andy's report is great, I shall work through them as and when the time permits. Thank you very much for the feedback.
Mhairi

That fine. As long as you were not thinking about geeting rid of them all.

Mike Weideli