Topic: Report not returning records

I noticed that records where missing from my report, in particular there were no Dark Green Fritillary records (there may be others not yet identified). On investigation I checked that the records were still present, for example one typical record has
As Entered
Taxon List Item Key = NHMSY0021134433
Taxon Dark Green Fritillary
Taxon list = LEPIDOPTERA Checklist of the Lepidoptera of the British Isles (Agassis...
Preferred
Taxon List Item Key = NHMSY0021133090
Taxon = Argynnis aglaja aglaja (Linnaeus, 1758)
Taxon list = LEPIDOPTERA Checklist of the Lepidoptera of the British Isles (Agassis...
Recommended
Taxon List Item Key = NHMORG0100002876
Taxon = Speyeria aglaja aglaja (Linnaeus, 1758)
Taxon list = A MASTER CHECKLIST

I ran a simple taxon report, selecting from LEPIDOPTERA Checklist of the Lepidoptera of the British Isle, all entries for Dark Green Fritillary, and the report returned zero records. Repeated selecting all entries of Speyeria aglaja from A MASTER CHECKLIST, and again zero records.

Running version 6.30.0.291 of Recorder6, with Dictionary version 4V and database version C3

Is there a work around, or a fix to this problem?

Harry Clarke
Surrey County Butterfly Recorder

Re: Report not returning records

Further investigations have shown that Adonis Blue records prior to 2016 are incomplete from the report.
2011 and 2012 only a few records returned, and records for 2015 are more complete but seem to be also missing records. Records between 1989 to 2010, 2013, and 2014 are missing from the report.
A quick check showed that some of these records where entered in the earlier Bradley Checklist of 2000

Harry Clarke

Hi

From my initial look at this it appears that the links within the dictionary are Ok, but possibly there is still something in there causing problems. 

There are some other things which might affect which records are returned. In options make sure that 'Use Full Translation to Preffered Terms' is ticked.

Possibly one or more constraints are causing records to be missed. To make sure this isn't the problem run the report with all the Constraints unticked.

I would expect that running the report from the Master Checklist using the Recommended name would pick up evrything linked to the name.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike,
Ticking the option "Use Full Translation to Preferred Terms" has resolved the problem. The report is now returning the Dark Green Fritillary records. I can run a report from either the Master Checklist, or the LEPIDOPTERA Checklist, and they both return records

Harry Clarke