Topic: Duplicate results in taxon dictionary Find Taxon

Some taxa seem to be appearing more than once in the Find Taxon window results.  For example, when searching for "Bombus campestris" using the preferred checklists it appears twice for the ACULEATES checklist in the results window, with no apparent difference between the two entries.  Are these two entries actually different (and if so is it possible to show this in the results) or is there a bug in the query generating the results?

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

Re: Duplicate results in taxon dictionary Find Taxon

I can see what you mean. Reason isn't obvious.  It might be a dictionary issue or a bug, but it will need more investigation to establish the reason. I will look into it asap.

Mike Weideli

Thanks very much Mike.

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
www.gigl.org.uk

Hi Mike

Did you manage to take a look at this and have any ideas?  It's not urgent.

Many thanks
Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
www.gigl.org.uk

Hi

I have some idea what these are, but it is dealing with them which is difficult. A name (meaning, taxon name, attribute and authority)  can exist more than once (ie two or more Taxon Version Keys can have the same name/attribute/authority). Those I have found are all junior synonyms and it actually doesn't make any difference which one is chosen. However, it can lead to some confusion. I will see if Chris has any ideas on this. R6 is just reflecting what is in the dictionary, which isn't wrong just not what would be expected.

Mike Weideli