1 (edited by Roisin.TWIC 14-08-2019 12:43:56)

Topic: Roe Deer - Cervus elaphus matching issue - BIRDS checklist

Hi,

I am writing to report a strange issue that happens when looking for taxonomy matches of imported data spreadsheets in Recorder 6.

Whenever I select "Search" with the BIRDS checklist on and there is a Roe Deer record, this will be matched with Cervus elpahus (from MAMMALIA checklist!), all other mammals or records are not affected. Birds are matched normally.

If I start the matching process from the MAMMALIA checklist, Roe Deer is matched correctly (Capreolus capreolus).

It is not a huge problem, but when dealing with very bulky datasets this could result in multiple matching errors.

Does anybody have a similar issue? Any way to fix this? I have attached a picture to show you what happens.

Recorder 6
Version: 6.28.0.287
Dictionary Version: 0000004K
Database Version: 000000B5

Thanks,

Claudia

Re: Roe Deer - Cervus elaphus matching issue - BIRDS checklist

Hi

Thank you for reporting this. There seems to be no obvious reason fo this and at the moment I  can't reproduce the problem. It may be something that was fixed with other work in version 6.29. Or possibly that some time in the past your dictionary has got out of step. I intend to investigate further and will get back to you.

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply.

If that can help, I recently updated the dictionary version (about 2 weeks ago) but the issue was still there. Do you think that updating recorder 6 itself could help?

Hi

It looks like it is a dictionary issue the not the Recorder 6 software, but I can't explain why at the moment.

Mike Weideli

Is it possible for you to instal and run the attched XML report ?

Expected results for Dictionary up to 4K are Taxon_LIst = 244, Taxon = 311369,Taxon_Version=317443,Taxon_LIst_Item = 607848, Organism = 119626

Instruction for loading and running xml reports are at https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=6672

When this one is installed it will be in System Supplied Reports/Dictionary and is report Dic2.

Post's attachments

R6C_Dic2_Statistics.xml 1.63 kb, 3 downloads since 2019-08-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli