Topic: Dataset upload dates

Is it possible to see on what date datasets were uploaded to the NBN Atlas from within NBN Atlas?  I see there's an option to subscribe to an alert for new records (so presumably if someone supplied replacement data to a dataset, an alert would come through once uploaded), but I can't see anything to say when something was uploaded.

Thanks!

Linds

Lindsay Bamforth
Fife Nature Records Centre,
Information Officer

Re: Dataset upload dates

Hi Lindsay.

I'll look into this and come back to you as soon as I can.

Best wishes
Caroline

Re: Dataset upload dates

Hi Linds,
The date that the dataset was first loaded is not available on the dataset metadata page, only the date that it was last checked for an update, which is under Digital resources towards the bottom of the page.

We will improve the presentation of the metadata pages, including making the first loaded and modified dates much more obvious. We will also improve the dataset search (https://registry.nbnatlas.org/datasets) to be able to order the datasets by these dates.

You can see when an individual record was first loaded on the occurrence record page. It's in the left hand column underneath the map. The presentation of this page is also being improved.

Is there a specific dataset you had in mind? If so, let me know and I'll find out for you.

Thanks, Sophie