Topic: Name matching on the Atlas

The vast majority of the records that we receive on the NBN Atlas come with a TVK and so we don't tend to have a problem matching names. However, we have the situation where a name, supplied without an authority or qualifier, has been matched to an incorrect name: https://records.nbnatlas.org/occurrence … dd75d7ac03

We would like to change the name matching routine so that it doesn't match a name supplied without an authority / qualifier if the match is ambiguous, i.e. if we have more than one name record that, stripped of authorities and qualifiers, matches the name provided.

Name qualifiers were only added to the NBN Atlas in the recent UKSI update and are not included in the name matching routine - we will correct this at the same time.

I don't think that we should be matching names where there is a doubt over the correct name. Before making this change I just wanted to check whether anyone had any comments on this.

We will add the name authority and qualifier to the occurrence record page, which I realised are missing.

Many thanks, Sophie