Topic: Photo upload times

Has there been a change in the warehouse that would affect the time it takes to be able to upload a photo? I have just tested this on both iRecord and SEWBReCORD, and there is around a 40 second delay between pressing the 'Add Photo' button and the file explorer window opening to allow the photo to be selected. I don't recall it taking that long in the past, although I don't use this feature often these days.

Of course one of my more vocal users would prefer the ability to drag and drop photos, but that is probably for another day!

Dave

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk

Re: Photo upload times

Hi Dave,
No, there has been no change on the warehouse. When you press the Add Photo button, any delay at this point is actually likely to be Windows sorting out the available folders to show in the dialog. I do recall in the past this taking ages if there are network folders where the LAN connection is slow. I've just tested locally and the file open dialog appears near instantly (using quite an old machine).

Incidentally iRecord does support drag and drop as of a couple of months ago. You just need the latest code to get the functionality.

Best wishes
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Re: Photo upload times

Thanks John - I'll update the core code, which will make at least one user happy!

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk