Topic: Problems Installing From Scratch

Has anyone recently done a complete install from scratch?

I'm having a few issues....

Re: Problems Installing From Scratch

Ok, I've been trying to post this for a while...

Hi, I’m new here and I’m currently trying to install the warehouse from scratch using V2.26 of the warehouse/media/client_helpers on ubuntu 18.04 and I’m getting a few errors…

There are various little things that I’ve cleaned up, for example, ‘warehouse.css’ missing from /media/css as well as a few images that had been renamed/referenced incorrectly.

I have an SQL error, which I've tried to post and it won't let me.... to do with the relation 'people'

Also, my dropdown menus don’t seem to be working?

TIA

Claire

Hi Claire
I think what has happened here is that you've downloaded or cloned the source code from Git for the warehouse, media and client helpers folders separately. The warehouse runs a slightly different branch of client_helpers and media hence you are getting problems with the JS and CSS files not matching up.

The correct file to download is the warehouse-2.26.0.zip file at https://github.com/Indicia-Team/warehou … g/v2.26.0.

If you have used Git to clone the repositories, then you can use the master branch for the warehouse folder and feature-bootstrap for both the client_helpers and media folders.

Hope that helps
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

4 (edited by cls21 13-06-2019 15:29:27)

Hi John,
That has solved the css/javascript problem.....
but I still have the following SQL error on the users page
"There was an SQL error: ERROR: relation \"people\" does not exist\nLINE 10:"

I'm not able to post the full error message :(

TIA
Claire

Hi Claire,
Did you do a fresh install with the new files or just overlay the files onto the previous install? Also, during the install did you get to the stage where it explained that you needed to upgrade the warehouse database and run through that part OK?

You could try visiting index.php/home/upgrade to see if that helps/. If not, then can you check your PostgreSQL database to see what tables are present? As people is one of the core tables installed at the very beginning if that table is missing it seems like a chunk of the installation process was skipped and it might be worth starting again.

Just in case you haven't found them there are installation notes at https://indicia-docs.readthedocs.io/en/ … tion.html.

Cheers
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John,

I dropped the DB and reinstalled *again* from scratch, using the version you linked to, and I'm still getting the same errors when you go to Admin>users. (screenshot attached)

I can't see any step that I've missed in the documentation.

TIA
Claire

Post's attachments

Screenshot 2019-06-17 at 23.00.56.jpg 221.79 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi Claire
Are you able to check inside the Indicia Schema (using pgAdmin or similar) and see how many tables are there?
Thanks
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John,

There are 101 tables in the indicia schema, and "people" is one of those tables

Claire

Hi Claire
I've just done a new release of the warehouse code and have done a local test installation which worked OK (https://github.com/Indicia-Team/warehou … ag/v2.28.0). There are 102 tables in my install though which is odd as I have 1 more than you and I don't think there are any new tables since 2.26.0.

Are the details in your application/config/database.php file correct so they point to the database and schema which contains the people table?

After the install and initial upgrade, are there any errors running the scripts in the application/logs folder (log files are date stamped).

Best wishes
John
Do any of the other list pages on the warehouse work (e.g. Lookup lists > Termlists)?

Best wishes
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT