Topic: GIS and Data Officer at TWIC
GIS and Data Officer
Permanent & Full Time
Based in Midlothian, Scotland
The Wildlife Information Centre collates and manages biodiversity information for SE and central Scotland. This information is used by partners, decision makers, education and conservation bodies, national recording schemes and the wider community to assist with research, conservation, site management and protection and land use planning.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person with knowledge of IT systems and GIS in the environment sector to join The Wildlife Information Centre’s small and excellent team. You will be responsible for maintaining TWIC’s IT systems and databases. In acquiring, analysing and supplying biodiversity data, you will be liaising with a wide range of public and private bodies across south-east and central Scotland.
• Manage TWIC’s biodiversity data using ArcGIS, Recorder 6 and MS Access databases
• Service data requests from clients and manage client invoicing
• Maintain the office IT system, including backup procedures, data security, licensing and GDPR compliance
• Manage the TWIC website, online forum and contribute to TWIC’s social media platforms
• Contribute to data flow between local, regional and national recording networks
For an informal discussion of the job please contact Steve Hannah on 01875 825968.
For full job description and person specification and how to apply see attached file.
Application deadline: 10 June 2019
Interviews: 17 June 2019