Topic: Import Wizard Columns

I attach a file which shows the import wizard columns and whether they are on the default list or under more option. If anyone has a view on what should be in the default list then let please let me know.

Post's attachments

R6IWColumns.rtf 99.78 kb, 17 downloads since 2019-02-06 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Re: Import Wizard Columns

Record type is the only one I regularly need from the "more options" (and only then when I haven't imported a spread sheet with well-formed column headings)

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Hi Mike,

I expecting to use MapMate Key (possibly) and Surveyor's Reference (definitely) at some point in the near future. Although they don't need to be default, please if possible retain for use in the Import Wizard.

Many thanks.

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme

Hi Mike,

I never use Abundance Data, but instead I primarily use Abundance Adult Count, and if recorded, Abundance Adult Male Count(or Female, or Copulating Pair). or one of the earlier stages (e.g. Ovum, Larvae, Pupae), for virtually all records I process. I usually edit the spreadsheet to import with the headings, Adults, Males, Females, etc.

Kind regards

Harry Clarke
Surrey County Butterfly Recorder

I can see this getting controversial! We use nothing but abundance data, editing spread sheet headings for anything else.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Hi Mike

Record Type would be my request for inclusion in the default list as it's in every import.

A couple of fields I'd find very useful if they could be added to the import wizard are Sample Reference (used a lot) and Specimen Location (used occasionally).

Thanks

Alison Stewart
Dorset Environmental Records Centre

Second vote for sample reference...

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)