Topic: Darwin Core

Hello,
Is Recorder6 going to be made compatible with outputing in Darwin Core Format?
Could someone tell me when that is likely to happen?
many thanks
Philippa

Dr Philippa Tomlinson
Biological Records Manager
Manx Biological Recording Partnership

Re: Darwin Core

Very soon I hope. The export is in the final stages of testing with a large test file passed to the NBN for review.

Mike Weideli

Great, many thanks
P

Dr Philippa Tomlinson
Biological Records Manager
Manx Biological Recording Partnership

Hi

We are now in a position where we would like to extend testing of the this Addin to passing a live dataset to the NBN. If anyone would like to help with this please contact me directly at mike@Lfield.co.uk . To take part you need to be on R6 Version 6.28 and be in a position to easily install the addin. Access to the registry and the R6 Addin files folder would also be useful. Testing so far has included producing a 450,000 record export, but the NBN does not have a test version of the Atlas so a test with live data going into the Atlas is the next step.

Mike Weideli

Have I missed/forgotten any updates or news on this?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Hi

We didn't receive any offers to help with this. so it has not been taken any further.

Mike Weideli

Ah - I'm happy to give it a go if you want.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Happy to test a Darwin Core export

Thanks for the offer. I will check with the NBN how they are placed to process any test data.

Mike Weideli

Hi All,

As part of a draft license agreement we've been asked if we could preferably export data in Darwin Core Format.

This may be a pretty basic question, but does the 'NBN Atlas Exporter v6.29' export data in a Darwin Core format or is this something that's not yet supported by Recorder 6?

Many thanks,

Andy

Biodiversity Information Officer
EcoRecord

Did anything happen with the Darwin Core export addin that was being tested in 2020?
Ellie

Eleanor Knott
Devon Biodiversity Records Centre