Topic: Working through the "Getting Started Guide".

I'm new to Recorder, and databases in general. I'm trying to work my way through the Getting Started Guide. Instead of starting a new thread every time I have a question, I plan to post my questions relating to following the Guide here in this thread.

The Getting Started Guide says under "Creating a new Rucksack", quote:

"Select Tools - Rucksack... or click on the  button
The Rucksack screen opens with a blank, unsaved Rucksack."

Problem is, in v6.28, it does not! Instead the last used rucksack is opened. So how do you create a new blank Rucksack in Recorder 6.28?

Re: Working through the "Getting Started Guide".

Hi,

You should just be able to select <Blank Rucksack> from the top of the dropdown menu at the top of the Rucksack window.

Linds

Lindsay Bamforth
Fife Nature Records Centre,
Information Officer

OK I can select "<Blank Rucksack>", but it seems I can only name it via the drop-down list, which has a very limited selection of names. What if I wanted a Rucksack named "Birds British", fore instance, how would I create that?

4 (edited by Lindsay_FifeNature 08-01-2019 09:54:44)

Hi,

This help file should help: http://www.recorder6.info/WebHelpR6Main … ksacks.htm.  The names in the dropdown list are other existing rucksacks; to create one of your own from scratch, you need to start with a blank rucksack, add the items (e.g. taxa) you want to it, then save with whatever name you like.

Linds

Lindsay Bamforth
Fife Nature Records Centre,
Information Officer

XML Reports
To run an existing XML report go to

Reports - Run...

The following screen is displayed

Except its not! Well the screen is displayed, but the contents are entirely different from what is shown in the Guide. Quote: "Expand the 'Species Reports' folder and select 'Quick species list for a <location> hierarchy'". the 'Species Reports' folder is nowhere to be seen, and if "Quick species list..." exists, I don't know where to find kit.

HELP!!! :O