Topic: 400 Bad request

When searching by polygon on the atlas I keep repeatedly getting the message:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at records.nbnatlas.org Port 443

whenever I try to download species records for an area.

Any help?

Re: 400 Bad request

Hi Becky,
I am sorry that you've been having problems. I haven't been able to replicate the error this morning and I suspect that there was a problem with the server for a short period.

Were you trying to download a lot of records? Please let me know if you continue to get the error.

Best wishes, Sophie

The area I am searching has around 1250 species occurrences; I've searched for bigger areas and more species than this before with no problems. Sometimes the error appears as soon as I click download from the list of records and sometimes it manages to get to the next step where the options to select the format and purpose appear, then I get the error page.

I am starting to wonder if it is to do with getting a new laptop with Windows 10 installed as no one else in my workplace with the old operating system seems to be having the issue.

Deleting cookies and cache appears to help with similar errors: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=47897

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Thanks for your help so far;

Deleting cookies (it seems I can't delete cache in Internet Explorer 11) seems to have resulted in my searches simply returning with

'No records found for *:*'

Seems like it might be a problem at my end so might be one for IT helpdesk here.