Topic: Problems upgrading dictionaries

Hello,

We have just upgraded to Version 6.28.0.287 on a central server that multiple users have access to. 

We were on Dictionary Version 0000003X.  Following the upgrade, we tried to update the Dictionary with the 3 most recent updates (0000003Y to 00000048), however each time we try the system just hangs.

The software is now showing Version 00000042, so it seems to be getting stuck on 00000043.  We rebuilt the Taxon Name and Group Indexes, but again the system just hangs when trying to rebuild the Synonym Index.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know why it may be happening?

Thank you for your time,

Christine Jones

Re: Problems upgrading dictionaries

Hi

Can you just check that you have 00000043.zip in the scripts folder and not  00000043.mdb Also that you don't have any other .mdb files or any of  files as downloaded in an unzipped format. If this is Ok and you run the dictionary upgrade is it actually starting (ie do you get to click on 'Proceed' ?) and if so far how far does it get ?

Even if it is stuck on 00000043 then I would still expect the index tables to rebuild. I take it Index_Taxob_Name is rebuilding OK. Sometimes when R6 appears to be not responding it is because the Window saying the process is complete has become hidden. This is most likely to happen if other task are used while the index rebuild is running. 

Mike

Mike Weideli

Re: Problems upgrading dictionaries

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I passed on your comments to our IT guy and he has managed to install the updates successfully now.

Thanks again,
Christine