Topic: Add a choice to the Import -> More Options

Does anyone know how one goes about adding in an import column option?

Data Manger
Somerset Environmental Records Centre

Re: Add a choice to the Import -> More Options

What column do you want to add. It can be done as long as there is already a parser for the type of column. In have some notes on  how it us done.

Mike Weideli

Well it came up last week [Sample Ref] and we found an alternative [Surveyors ref I think]. This week I realised I had something that is unlikely to be on the list of more options; Sample Start Time and Sample Duration.

I haven't checked this as I only finished preparing the data yesterday and am away from the office until next week. So it was part need and part curiosity. I have a lot of bat data with times that my prove useful to have for the long term.

Data Manger

Further to Sample Ref & Surveyors ref I would also like Private Location and Private Code to be available.

If you send me the instructions Mike I'll give it a try.

Data Manger

Private Location, Private code, Sample Duration and Sample Start time look as though they are already there, but I haven't checked they work. I don't understand why Sample Ref isn't there, because it is an easy one to set up. It may be there under another name. I will investigate.

Mike Weideli

Sampel ref doesn't appear to be there. It would be an easy one to set up as it could be based on Private Code and there are no complications.  I am not in a postion to look at this immediately, but if you would like to have a go the instruction are  at http://www.recorder6.info/page31.html  under technical documentation.  It would need to use the Text Parser  and has no complication regarding the use of look up table, allocations etc.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike sorry I must have been looking at my feet instead of the screen to miss the others. I probably looked in Taxon Occurrence on auto pilot. I'm really looking forward to retiring. Dyslexia a state of my mind.

I'll have a look at that link.

Data Manger