Topic: BLS fields no longer in R6

The BLS abundance and scale habitat code fields seem to have disappeared from the latest release of R6, making a recent installation unusable for our data. We have got round it for our own imports and xml reports by adding the procedures dbo.spLCBLSSplitSH and dbo.LCFormatToccDataOnly but I really don't want to have to do this manually for future installations, they used to be included in the standard issue.
Also, although the measurement types are correctly set up in the term lists they are now not being handled correctly by the report wizard, I'm told that it is only picking one scale habitat code and not showing the rest, which is no use at all.

Could these routines and the report wizard processing be reinstated?

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Re: BLS fields no longer in R6

Hi Janet

I can't find either of these routines in the 6.24 install, so I am not sure in what version they last appeared. However, they can be added back into the 6.29 upgrade and then in the 6.29 install version. Could you  provide them please. As far as the report Wizard is concerned I neec to know specifically which attribute is being selected which is not working. I wonder if you may in addition to the two UDF's also had a special user defined report wizard attribute which  is not in the stanadrd install ?

Mike Weideli

Re: BLS fields no longer in R6

Hi Mike,

I will email the xml to add the two missing procedures to you.

Checking back it seems that you did add a couple of attributes to the report wizard for us about 10 years ago, using these same procedures. They show in my system under Observation, as Obs Scale Habitats (BLS) and Obs Abundance (BLS). There is also one called Obs Measurements (LC) but that may have been for someone else.

At the moment only two of us have fully working systems as the others are all unable to access scale habitat codes using the report wizard, something they want to do on a daily basis, so it would be a great help if these could be reinstated quickly. Thanks!

Post's attachments

Report wizard BLS fields.JPG 33.19 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society