1 (edited by Paul Leonard 06-06-2018 12:57:47)

Topic: Changes to record verification flags after R6 upgrade

We have recently upgraded to v6.26.2.286 after moving the database onto an in-house server. Whilst manually checking a number of records, it was found that a large number of records that previously had the determination 'observation' and had passed verification are now displaying a 'not verified' flag! At the moment it only seems be those records with the 'observation' determination that are affected but this could possibly change as I investigate further. Is there a means of pulling out all those records to check whether or not this is the case and to change back their verification flag accordingly? Manually going through 1.8m records to root out the offenders will be an impossible task if not!

I would be interested to know how and why this has occurred as it has obvious implications when it comes to reporting. I hope that I have explained the situation clearly enough to determine a/the cause. If not, please ask specific questions and I'll try to answer.

Thanks,

Paul

EDIT: Having used the wizard to report on a number of known checked but unverified records, applying all four combinations of the two constraints 'exclude unchecked data' & 'exclude failed/pending verification data' in the complex filter, all of the records were extracted in all instances! Is this an issue allied in some way to the above? Surely it shouldn't happen?!!

Biological Records Officer
Rotherham MBC
Rotherham Biological Records Centre

Re: Changes to record verification flags after R6 upgrade

There verified flag on the individual  records in the database is set by the Verified indicator on the Determination type. The Verified flag on Taxon_Occurrence should always be in line with the determination type and can't be changed independently through R6 .  If you look in the  Term List/Determination Type you will see that for 'Observation'  the  determination verification is  set  as not verified.  However,  it has always been set this way, so why 6.28 has changes anything on your system is unclear 

Is it possible that at some time in the past someone has manully changed the indicators on the Taxon Occurrences ?  Version  6.28 did include code to make sure all the indicators were in line with the Determination Types.

I will need to check out the report wizard which I think is a different issue.

Mike Weideli