Topic: 502 Gateway

I have had these intermittently for quite a while but back off leave today this now seems to be a permanent feature of any pages i use to report on data. All the pages affected appear to be 'map explorer' iforms. However i have just tried to create a new reporting form using the 'reporting page (custom.)' and i am still receiving 502 when i try to view it.

I updated the iform module just before leave so it's possible something has gone awry but any chance there is something else going on leading to a misconfig between our site and the warehouse? There don't seem to be any errors being logged on the warehouse.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Re: 502 Gateway

Hi Ben
I can't see anything in the logs either - if you can generate the error then email me the exact time you did it I can double check.
Can I check - has your Drupal instance been updated to the latest version of Drupal 7?
Best wishes
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Re: 502 Gateway

Hi John,

Yes core is at 7.59 but the errors also occured on 7.56 (for some reason i rolled back core before i went on leave last week). I triggered a load of 502 errors at 13:14 though again i can see no errors in the log on the warehouse end.

Errors at my end helpfully read: [Wed May 16 13:14:13.787315 2018] [fcgid:warn] [pid 8387] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client*] mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function, referer: http://www.activenaturalist.org.uk/mbb/admin/content etc..

The only forms effected appear to be reporting forms using /occurrences/explore_list and the like. All of the occurrence reporting pages are now affected. Changing settings (in the UI) or the parameters themselves has no effect. Both old (previously functional) and newly created forms are showing the same error.

None of the record entry forms are effected (so the connection to the warehouse is ok?), nor are reporting summary iforms (user reports, league table etc..) or php snippets i have used in the sidebar, gallery or 'new records' panel.

All the best,
Ben

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast