Re: User Polygon from VS.NET

Hi All,

Has anyone managed to complete a user defined polygon query from VS.NET?  Everything works fine until GetSpeciesList request which returns an HTTP 500 error from Apache Tomcat 5.5.15 - 'The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request'.

This seems to be an error on the Gateway server but I think it is being caused by something awry in the NBN Web Services .NET dll (http://www.searchnbn.net/library/webservices/GatewayWebService.dll)

Any ideas?

Craig Macadam

Craig,

I e-mailed you about this last Friday, but I've just found out it bounced back.

I've updated the dll available from the nbn gateway, which will include the schema changes that occurred recently.  Download it again, try again and let me know how you get on.  If you still have a problem could you give me an example of your code and I'll try it.

Jon

Hi Craig,

I've updated the error catching for the MapSettings element on the server.  If it detects invalid values it will provide a message that should help identify the parameters that are at fault.  Hopefully, this will make this corner of client development a bit easier.  If your colour values are causing the problem (as I suspect from the code you e-mailed to me) then you should now get a useful error message, rather than the awful 'Internal Server Error'.

Let me know how you get on.

Jon