Topic: Dataset Upload - Checking TVKs

I have been looking at how to move from the existing NBN Exchange Format as provided by Recorder 6 to the new Darwin Core format.
We have relied on the Recorder 6 software to provide the correct TVKs and I have used NBN Record Cleaner to check for anomalies. However, I now note that we are being supplied with the UKSI list for checking TVKs.
NBN Record Cleaner has not been up-dated recently and with support for Recorder being withdrawn from March next year,  there is going to be a problem with up-dating TVKs. It is complex enough exporting data into the new format without having to manually check all the TVKs from the UKSI list.
I don't think that I am alone in feeling that we have been abandoned to cope with the changes with only very limited support. There are many small groups who supply dataset to NBN who do not have the resources (financial or IT) to manage these changes. 
There is much discussion about on-line systems, but until these are in-place and fully functional, there is the problem of how we adapt our existing systems to meet the current demand to change to the Darwin Core format. The solution may be ad-hoc, but there are many of us who would appreciate some practical advice from our more knowledgeable colleagues on the most efficient way to get our records into the new format without some fairly time consuming spreadsheet merging and manual checking.

Christine

Re: Dataset Upload - Checking TVKs

Hi Christine,
Thank you for message. I do appreciate the problems with the change to the new Darwin Core format and we are happy to receive data in the Gateway Exchange format for now. I am investigating how best to update Record Cleaner and integrate it with the NBN Atlas. So soon as I have more information about this, I will let you know.

In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to help and support you, please let me know.

Best wishes, Sophie

Re: Dataset Upload - Checking TVKs

Thank you your support is appreciated.

Christine