Topic: Export to Access database

I use the report wizard to extract large volumes of records (2.2 million at the last count) and export them to an Access database for further work. This has worked perfectly for years but today the export to Access is giving me an error "Error in data export: Error loading type library/DLL". I am using R6.26 on Windows 10, and apart from this problem both Recorder and Access are fine.
Any suggestions?
Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Re: Export to Access database

Hi

Is it working with just a few records ?

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike,
No, I tried it with just 400 records and that gives the same error.
Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

It seems that re-registering the DLL using regsvr32 might fix the problem. However, working out which DLL that is... one for Mike probably.

Perhaps an update to Windows or Office that has caused the problem?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

We are no further forward with this. If we could find out which DLL is causing the problem we could presumably reinstall or reregister it, but how can we identify the DLL causing the problem?

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

I am working on it. I take it you don't get a normal R6 Error Report and that Exports to Excel etc. are OK ?

Mike Weideli

Nothing so useful. I will attach the error message, for what it is worth.

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Hi Janet

I have asked John about this. What version of Acess are you using. Have you updated it recently ?

Mike Weideli

I'm using Office Pro Plus 2016, version 1710. It updates monthly but this is automatic so I'm not sure how recently it last updated. Exports to excel and to text files are working fine, and I can import the text file to access if necessary.

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

The latest update to Windows 10 (Feature Update 1709) seems to have fixed this problem. I have no idea how or why, but it is good to have it working again!

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society