Topic: Recorder import error - EDB merger error

Has anyone else come across this Error when importing data? have started to get this message when importing data on occasion, usually when i have imported a few datasets at once.

exception class   : EDBMergerError
exception message : Error occurred transferring records for SQLSERVER_TAXON_OCCURRENCE_DATA into the main database: Error occurred transferring records for SQLSERVER_TAXON_OCCURRENCE_DATA into the main database: Not a valid bookmark.

Re: Recorder import error - EDB merger error

Yes, and I've never really got to the bottom of why (it does seem to be caused by multiple sequential access imports). Restarting recorder and compacting the Access database seem to help (the latter seems to be the answer for non-Recorder 6 related problems with this error in access).

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

this problem only started a week or so ago when i imported a very big dataset. Annoyingly if this happpens during import the dataset is only half imported, which is a problem if you then have to find the records and delete / reimport them. How do i compact the database?

thanks

You'll need to unzip the zip file, open the access file and find "compact and repair database" (on mine, it's on the database tools ribbon). Close and zip up the access file into a new zip file.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

I just had this error on a small import and I think I have had it a few times before. It seems to come up at the final import stage (after the validation stage) and stops the process. However, if you 'continue the application' and then press the import button again it seems to work fine and there is not anything obviously missing from the records. I assume therefore that the second import attempt has worked ok.

Does anyone know what is going on here?