Topic: Indicia2recorder can't connect to indicia recording page

I have tried linking our indicia recording pages to R6 using indicia2recorder. I have the site ID given to our site by iRecord, the shared secret and admin login for our indicia website which uses warehouse1.indicia.org.uk.

Indicia Mobile Auth and Indicia Remote Download modules are both installed however they aren't visible on the configuration page of our site.

I've tried the advice on the help docs but am still getting a connection error.

Any ideas?

Re: Indicia2recorder can't connect to indicia recording page

Hi

You are following the instructions at http://indicia-docs.readthedocs.io/en/l … order.html

Step 4 says

Click OK and a further popup will appear asking you to fill in the Shared App Secret of the application. This setting is defined on the Indicia Mobile Auth settings page (under Site configuration > IForm > Mobile Authentication). You need to click the link to add a mobile application and fill in the form fields and save it. One of the fields is called Shared Secret. Copy the shared secret into the popup in Recorder 6 and click OK.

If you have no Mobile Auth settings you cannot create the shared secret that is required and the connection to Recorder will not work. Can you confirm that Indicia Mobile Auth is both installed and enabled, i.e. its checkbox is ticked in the list of modules.

Jim Bacon.

It is installed and enabled however it doesn't appear under Site configuration > IForm > Mobile Authentication

The Shared Secret was given to me by a colleague, who's now left, who initially tried to set up indicia2recorder.

No point trying to do anything with indicia2recorder until you know the mobile authentication module is working properly (which is doubtful at the moment).

I recall an old version used to put the menu item in the wrong place, right at the top level of the menu structure. You could have a little hunt around. Failing that, I would uninstall it completely (assuming you are not using it for any other purpose that we would break), download the latest version from the master branch in GitHub (https://github.com/Indicia-Team/drupal- … master.zip) and reinstall it.

By the way, I do idly wonder if there could be any confusion between the shared secret and the password used by the website to authenticate with the warehouse.

Jim Bacon.

I tried reinstalling the mobile auth module with no luck. In the end I moved the module directory out then back into the modules directory and that did the trick. Configured the shared secret and indicia2recorder now works.

Thanks Jim.

Excellent work! That is good to hear.

Odd it took a while to pick up the change. Sometimes clearing Drupal caches can help but I wouldn't have expected that to be necessary if you had gone through the process of first disabling it in admin/modules, uninstalling it in admin/modules/uninstall, updating the code, and then renabling it in admin/modules.

Jim Bacon.