1 (edited by darryl.hilton 17-02-2017 13:50:40)

Topic: DBNETLIB ConnectionRead Network Error

Hi, we have a user that reports the following problem, has anyone come across this or similar and identified a fix?

"The problem occurs only when I run one particular report called Extra2. This is a circle report in which you enter the radius and you get the records that fall inside given radius. This report is based on the old report that we have been using. The only difference between the old one (that is still working) and the new one is that I added 2 extra columns with Taxa Class and Taxa Order. The new report runs completely fine when I select only very small radius up to 200m. When I use bigger one I get the window popping out with the error messages (below) I think this is a server issue - short of space or memory or a time out, because it doesn’t  happens with small amounts of data . "

Error message 1 = There is an error in the SQL code. The error message is: 'Connection Failure'

Error message 2 = attached image

Post's attachments

R6 error.JPG 28.52 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: DBNETLIB ConnectionRead Network Error

This has now been resolved. The UDF which works out the Family and Order uses a lot of processing power and causes the problem when there is a lot of data returned by the query.  An alternative way has been provided to obtain this information.

Mike Weideli