Topic: Species searches not working

On attempting to filter the species in the taxa browser, no matter what option is selected, the search returns:
"There are no taxa matching the filter criteria for the currently selected list."

When I saw Craig's problem I thought that this had already been reported, but my software is on v6.26.1.285, Dictionary is 0000003T and database is 00000AW, so the issue is not the same. I am also not getting exceptions to post here.

I rebuilt the indexes after the last dictionary upgrade, but have not rebuilt them since noticing the problem.

Dave

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk

Re: Species searches not working

Did you rebuild the indexes after the 6.26 upgrade ?

If you did can you check whether or not Index_taxon_Name, table is populated. Also let me know what options are set for Taxon Name Display Options and Other Taxon Options (in Tools Options).

Mike Weideli

I thought I had - I'm just rebuilding them again now.. Index_Taxon_Name was indeed populated.
Taxon Name Display Options - Just Common names ticked.
Other Taxon Options - Use full translation ticked, preffered Checklists selected, Partial names not ticked.
I'll report back one the rebuild has finished again.
Dave

Dave Slade

Thanks. Let me know. V 6.26 changes the contents of some of the fields so the index needed rebuilding. If this isn't the problem, then can you let me know what you have tried  searching on (ie Preferred List, Preferrred Taxa, Unrestricted etc.) I need to duplicate the problem.

Mike Weideli

All index tables rebuilt -(which took a lot longer than I was expecting). The problem persists.

Within the taxon dictionary browser, go to the preferred Vascular plants list and press the filter button, then select 'Contains' and type Zostera, I get the "There are no taxa matching the filter criteria for the currently selected list." message even though I can see Zostera in the hierarchy and in INDEX_TAXON_NAME.

Taxon Name Display Options - Just Common Names ticked
Other Taxon Options:
Full translation ticked, Preferred checklists selected, partial names search now ticked
Auto-complete not ticked.

Repeated the Scientific name contains "Zostera" search on Organism View with the same result.
Repeated the search for Scientific Name Starts with "Zostera" within the Taxon Dictionary Browser, same result.

On the data entry form, If you type the partial name into the Add species box then the results are as expected.

Dave Slade

Thanks. I can duplicate this and will  investigate. The search 'Binocular' button can be used while this is sorted.

Mike Weideli

I have found out what is causing this. Unfortunately, it is an error in the code which means a new version of the application is required to fix. Another build was planned before the end of the financial year, but I will try to bring this forward to deal with the problem.

Mike Weideli